How far is this Day Trip from Phoenix? 1 hour 40 minutes to Cottownwood
About Cottonwood: Along the Verde River known for it’s Cottonwood Trees. Now a great place to check out up and coming Arizona Wineries.
Day trip from Phoenix: Things to do in Cottonwood
- Blazin’ M Ranch – Offering a complete Western experience with a chuckwagon dinner show that features the Blazin’ M Cowboys. Explore shops, a shooting gallery, play horseshoes and dress up for an Old Tyme Photo. This is a family run business! Location: 1875 Mabery Ranch Road, Cottonwood AZ. 800-937-8643. Visit blazinm.com for hours and pricing.
- Freitas Vineyard – This is a micro winery with hand crafted estate wines in European tradition. No tastings onsite, they can direct you to local venues. Open Daily 1575 Paradise Dr, Cottonwood AZ. 928-639-2149. Visit freitasvineyard.com for hours and wine pricing for purchase.
- Pillsbury Wine Company Tasting Room – Located in the heart of Cottonwood, Pillsbury Wine Company offers hand crafted fine Arizona wines. Pillsbury claims the soil and altitude in Cottonwood is almost identical to that to the Rhone Valley in the South of France. Location: 1012 N Main, Cottonwood AZ. 928-639-0646. Visit PillsburyWine.com for hours and pricing.
- Rendesvous Old Town – Serves a huge selection of handcrafted beers. Casual pub food and flights to beer heaven available. 777 N Main St, Cottonwood AZ 928-634-3777. Visit fb.com/rendesvousoldtown
- Tuzigoot National Monument – A Sinaguan Pueblo situated on a 120 foot high ridge that overlooks a panoramic view of Jerome-Clarkdale. Take your time walking the trail at Tuzigoot. Visit the museum to learn more about the Sinaguan culture. Open Daily, visit https://www.nps.gov/tuzi for hours and pricing.
- Verde River Float Trip – Enjoy an easy kayak ride floating on the Verde to understand how vitality important this riparian area is to the all creatures in the Southwest. Kayak trips are offered by Sedona Adventure Tours. Wine Float Trips also available. 877-673-3661. SedonaAdventureTours.com
- The Verde Canyon Railroad – Railroad cars can be rented for private parties. Wildflowers may be viewed from mid-March through May. There are open air gondola cars for outdoor viewing and photography. About the trip: It is a 40 mile roundtrip, operates year round with a seasonal schedule. Call 800-582-7245 with reservation questions or visit VerdeCanyonRR.com for more info.
- Looking for another day trip from Phoenix Idea? Checkout Sedona!